Harper Fine Dining (HFD) is a Private Dinner Party and Small Events Catering Company. We organise high end dinners in peoples homes, cater for small to medium sized weddings, BBQ’s, Canapé Parties both private and Corporate and any such small events. We organise Chefs, Waiting Staff and Sommeliers to cook and serve in private homes and hired venues.
The data we collect can come from our Team or Clients directly, from our website contact page, social media organisations such as Linkedin or Instagram as well as personal and professional recommendations.
It is important to us that any Personal Information is kept safe and secure, we believe in being transparent about the data we collect and how it will be handled. We do not sell data to any third parties. HFD acts as both a Data Controller and a Data Processor.
The Data We Collect
By contacting us by e-mail, telephone, SMS or via our web site we may collect the following data about you:
– Name and address
– Contact details, including e-mail address and telephone number
– CV which will contain details of qualifications, experience and employment
– Job preferences
– Skill set
– Dietary restrictions, cooking preferences, likes and dislikes
– Any such details as long as reasonably required in order to provide you with the event as our Client or the work as our Chef, Sommelier or Waiting Staff.
Special Category Information
We may collect information that requires extra protection known as ‘special category’ personal information. We will only process this information with your express permission, which means we will give you detail about what information we need and what we will do with it.
We may need to process the following types of special category information:
– Health data, only if it’s relevant to the Event (Dietary requirements etc)
– Religion, only if this would affect the Event (Special catering requirements etc)
If we received information about you from a third party i.e.. a friend or professional recommendation, we will always ask for confirmation that you are happy for your information to be with us and we will destroy if not.
Why We Collect This Data and What We Do With It
– We may request your CV to see your qualifications and experience
– Provide you with information about Events you may want to work on
– Provide you with catering services
– Answer enquiries, feedback and complaints
– Give you information that you request from us
– To improve our services / notify you about changes to our services
– To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
– To maybe share your CV or write a profile on your experience or share any other relevant information with our clients, with your consent, so that they are able to have a knowledge on your professional background
– To comply with legal obligations
– Our website may record mouse clicks, page scrolling and text keyed into the website forms, the
information collected here is used for statistical reporting and is not shared with anyone else
– To add you to our marketing list with your consent, we use Mailchimp. There will be an
Unsubscribe option on every newsletter We work closely with third parties including Producers, Food Consultant Emma Trimm, Crockery Hire companies, subcontractors in technical, professional, payment and other services, advertising, networks, analytics providers, search information providers, professional advisers. We only receive information from them for the purpose of our catering services and ancillary support services.
We will only control / process your information for the purpose it is intended. We will treat all information as confidential and will not share it beyond HFD without your explicit consent.
Our Legitimate Business Interests for Holding Your Data
As a Catering and Events company, we introduce Chefs, Waiting Staff and Sommeliers to our Clients for one off Events or Private Dinner Parties. The exchange of personal data of our Team to our Clients and vice versa is a fundamental, essential part of the process. To support our Team in providing them with freelance work and our Clients catering desires, we require a database of personal data.
Legal Basis for Using Your Data
We will only collect information with a legal basis for doing so. We will only collect and use your information where:
– It is necessary to provide you with a service
– To provide our clients with information on your background and capabilities –
– It satisfies a legitimate interest that is not overridden by data protection interest, such as, for research and development.
– You have given us consent to do so for a specific service
– We need to process your data to comply with legal obligations
In cases where you have consented to our use of your Personal Information, you have the right to change your mind at any time.
Working With Other Organisations / Third Party Data Processors
Your information may be disclosed to third parties, who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our technology systems, Website host (K2L) and email provider (Exchange) Marketing newsletters (Mailchimp) Food Consultants (Emma Trimm), and Crockery Hire Companies. (Whitehouse Crockery). We work only with carefully selected third parties who comply with undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as HFD does.
These such third parties have in place appropriate protections to ensure the security of the data we share or process with them and have clear policies with how they treat data.
Other Websites and Third Party Privacy Policies
By clicking links and banners advertised on our website this will transfer you to another website where the data privacies may be different to that of HFD. You should consult their privacy policies before submitting any Personal Information. HFD will not be responsible for these third parties.
Storage of Personal Information and Retention
We make sure your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical and security measures. You should, however, be aware that providing information over the internet can never be guaranteed as being completely safe and if you choose to send such information over the internet, you do so at your own risk.
We keep your data in accordance with GDPR where you send us your details or a third party has obtained your consent, your contact details, CV and other associated information will be kept by HFD unless you tell us otherwise or unless we haven’t been in contact with you for 5 years, then they will be removed from our system.
If you send us information via e-mail we cannot guarantee the security of this until it is delivered to us. We have no fixed retention period for e-mail correspondence, but we are committed to not storing data for longer than necessary to serve our legitimate interests of record keeping or to perform the contract that we have entered into with you.
Your Rights and Access
You have the right to access the information that we hold about you. If you would like to receive a copy please contact us on email@example.com
Changing or Deleting Your Information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information or work opportunities.
You can also restrict the information that we process about you. Please contact us to do so. If you have previously consented to us sharing your data or agreed to receiving marketing from us you can withdraw your consent at anytime.
Using our contact form
If you contact us with the contact form then we will store your email address on account so we have a record of your details and are able to reply to you. We will not use this for marketing communications unless we gain your consent to do so. If you would like us to remove your details, please contact us and we will ensure your details are removed.
Cookies are temporary files which ask permission to track web usage and analyse web traffic, how you found our website, dates and times you visited and which pages / positions you viewed. It helps us to improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs.
Limits to site functionality means that you must accept cookies to use the site, to decline cookies means exiting the site. We like to periodically review and enhance our content.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session
cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- To provide data insights with web analytics
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different
types of cookies to run the Service:
- Analytics cookies – We may use analytics cookies to track information how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
- Third-party cookies – In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
* For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google:
* For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft:
* For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla:
* For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple:
* For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies?
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
* Network Advertising Initiative
If you would like to make a complaint as to how we have handled your data, please contact us on www.harperfinedining.c.uk. Further to that, you can contact the supervisory body, the ICO on website www.ico.org.uk, telephone: 0303 123113, address: Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
HFD may update or change this policy. We advise that you check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. Continued use of this website or our services will constitute your acceptance of any new policy. This policy was last updated November 2020.
Contact Us and Company Information
We welcome questions, comments and requests by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, address:
Flat 1, 5 Alexander Street, London, W2 5NT, Company Number: 10931711, ICO Data Controller, registration number: ZA625208